Charlotte Taylor - feedback from client and development

Posted: Monday 28 March 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

This is the response I got from Charlotte. I expected the font would have been a little masculine, but I wanted her to come across as a decision maker.

Hi Adam,

I like the approach that your taking, your right about the role of a producer, so your design for the Business card illustrates this spot on. I really like the simplistic layout although I am a little unsure of the font which my name is in, only because of the work which I may want to get involved in. I think it's a little intimidating which may not be the right approach if I want to work on a sensitive documentary. For instance, at the moment I am working with a local disability and self harm group who I am making a documentary for, so for jobs like these I would want to come across as a leader/professional but at the same time compassionate/warm. Is there anything slightly more subtle but still effective at showing all the attributes I mentioned earlier? I think the business card is well balanced in relation to portraying myself as both a high/low budget film maker, so in that respect it is not intimidating at all.

I am wondering whether I should also state that I am an editor on the business card, because I suppose potential employers should know this too. (So an essence of creativity might be necessary....?) I had initial concern about doing this because I don't want employers to think I am confused about my title. However, I have worked with clients before and have managed projects, but sometimes I have just edited documentaries for clients. Therefore, in the future I don't want to limit the jobs I might be offered, due to not stating this on my business card. From your experience researching into business cards, do you think stating both titles is a bad/good idea?

Colour re: I really like the darker colour too for the business card it draws more attention to my details and looks professional.

Hope this isn't too painful for you, get back to me if you need more info. Alternatively if you find it easier talking in person or over the phone let me know.


I went revisited the identity and started again. I felt the uppercase type was necessary because she was the product in this instance. I wanted to sell her skills rather than her work. I looked at a few possibilities before pitching back the clacker board concept.

Hi Charlotte,

I'm working in york tomorrow, and I'd like some feedback so I can make
changes and create the rest of the range over the weekend. The icon
that compliments the typography is a film clapperboard pattern and
also resembles arrows so could represent you as forward thinking, a
planner or someone who moves a project forward with your ideas.

I can do colour variations so you can pick and choose what you want to
print and then we'll look at the rest later.

Thanks,

Adam




I suggested that a foil or a metallic gold ink be applied to the logo/icon as Charlotte suggested there could be a budget for these. I will wait to see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment