Mini Crit

Posted: Wednesday 9 March 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: , ,


Today we had a little yearbook group crit prior to the client meeting to determine what is and what isn't working, and as much as I liked the ideas I had brought forward, the input of the group made the layouts we developed from this session more complete than they were previously.


I had an idea that I wanted to keep the profile image and copy within a small structure that could be moved around the spreads, and the images could be inserted in and around the profile to suit. Luke and Dan and I were all keen on a thumbnail structure that has been carried from the contents page. The thumbnails could focus in on specific areas of a piece of work without showing the whole thing, as installations can be hard to photograph if on a large scale.

We all came away from this hating each other a little more but the input was valuable from my point of view. Now we have more focused ideas for layouts appose to whole load of different design directions.

Dan has also come up with variations for the contents and quotes pages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment