Flatland - covers

Posted: Thursday 3 March 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I have decided to produce a set of wrap around covers for the books I am producing. Here I am producing variations for the front wraparound. The dimensions have been predetermined to fit the book suitably.



I liked the idea of using one singular cube to represent the author as part of a network of other flatlander's. So I tried to make more of this before introducing colour.




This pattern is something that can run as an associated emblem that could be repeated on the promotional material and inside of the cover. The patterned structure is representative of a network of flatlanders with Abbott's character highlighted in colour.

I also tried to inject yet more colour into the cover. My personal favourites are the last two examples. I have taken the idea of a network or community further by introducing other flatlanders. Abbot's character is portrayed with a love interest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment