Flatland - position evaluation

Posted: Monday 14 March 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: , ,

After my tutorial with Fred I have decided to finish my current brief for the Flatland book and concentrate on delivering the book to the best possible finish. I will then split the brief, and concentrate on the promotion of the book in another brief. This is partly to make it easier for myself, so I don't have to worry about delivering too much to a tight deadline and letting the quality of my work suffer as a result and also to ensure I can clearly see what deliverables I need to deliver and when. It makes my job much more effective in terms of time management, and allows me to put the new brief aside if I want to.

Other briefs on the go include the identities brief and the year book brief. The identities brief isn't progressing as much as I would have liked but I haven't spent the bulk of my time on it anyway. I intend to finish one identity and stationery pack soon so it can be signed off with the client, in the mean time I have been waiting for paper samples that the client will prefer to the pastel colours I showed her previously. The other identity I have going needs some more attention as the client wasn't happy with how the mark portrayed her.

The year book progress is flying. We have a structure in place and we have a concept and ideas we are happy with. Numerous proofs have been presented to the client and we now have content to work with. We have had quotes through as well as stock samples so we are moving in the right direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment