Evaluation point

At this point in time I really need to think more laterally about the briefs I have. I need to experiment with colour and stock much more and stop relying on white paper with a 4 colour process (flatland). For this I need to learn more about stock and colour options I have. I've started researching into various stocks and ordering stock samples which are to help me complete the briefs I have. I'm looking at natural, satin and matt stocks at present to see how they hold and retain ink, how they display imagery and so on.

Of the briefs I have completed or near too completing, the Garry Barker brief is the one I feel has the strongest outcome. The Flatland brief has the potential to be as strong but my lack of knowledge and practice in print processes, stock usage is hindering the outcome. I need to think beyond the boundaries of what I know already and start to pull in new knowledge to help take the brief deliverables to the next level.

Collaboration is proving to be a double edged sword, and I've seen the good and bad parts of it in the last two weeks. One minute I fear for the project, and the next I feel that we have a great system in place. We couldn't ask for a better course to be involved with and the deadlines have all been met so far. The cover will make or break the project, so we need to have secondary systems in place if the whole thing goes wrong. I think we have a good working relationship in the team and no-one backs down to suit anybody which is frustrating at times but will make the outcome better at the end.

The context work is bubbling under the surface. I have sent out questionnaires to around 40 agencies, and I will hope that some of them will come back to me sooner rather than later. I am also hoping to get as much information, knowledge and experience from my internship with The Beautiful Meme. I have already learned a lot in the short space of time I have been there. I've got to see print samples and stocks up close and also worked with real budgets. I am still trying to find where I fit though.

The remainder of my time is to be spent on the briefs I need to finish before and during easter including a new brief I want to start and pitch to the pop up shop. I've worked incredibly hard so far and I don't want to take it easy now. I can't afford too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment