Development of yearbook layouts

Posted: Wednesday 9 March 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

These are my latest yearbook layout attempts. Later we shall have a mini group crit and see what is working and what isn't before our client meeting. However much we want to give the client what they want, there has to be responsibility on us as designers to deliver the right product for the course.



I have to tried to create more space in around the content to allow a little breathability. I feel this important as we want to allow the work to have focus but not be overbearing on the page. We want this book to be something people can flick through and see the work in an appropriate space.

I think we have pretty much decided on Rockwell as a font that will be used for headers and quotes pages, and the copy will be in gill sans light. The introduction of rockwell is being used an alternative to Clarendon which has been overused on the colleges promotional publications and we don't want to replicate that. I started to introduce other fonts but I feel nothing is working as well as the original Rockwell font we had.

These layouts have a profile module which can be moved around the page to suit whatever layout of images we choose. I started to also play around with a focus colour. I envisage using a simple pastel colour which will be used on the student pages and reinforced in the contents and quotes pages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment