Year Book Evaluation

Posted: Sunday 22 May 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I'd like to a few moments to reflect on my one and only collaborative brief of the FMP. I expected it be worse than it has been, but working with Luke and Dan has proved to me that collaborations can work and there are ways it benefits you as a designer. I have enjoyed the experience overall, and I felt we worked well as a team. I took a lot of responsibility when liaising with clients, etc, just because I feel like organisation is a strong part of my practice. I am meticulous, and I wanted to take a leadership role within the group. I am unsure of whether this is a good or bad quality but the team were happy for me to take on the role. The negative to me taking on this role was that I had to relay information to the different parties frequently to keep everyone updated.


As a group we discussed every aspect of the project, and having three in the group meant that one person couldn't take over. In the past I have felt that I have had more control over the project and so that is what I was used too. We all felt that we could put our ideas forward and to begin with it was more difficult as we were a little possessive over our own ideas. I think Dan and Luke have appreciated seeing the way I work, as I have appreciated the way that they work.

Things I have learnt

- Collaborations mean you can get more done - more ideas, more mock ups, greater breadth of investigation.
- It is frustrating when people don't get your ideas, but they are a good sounding board - if you can't convince them, you won't convince a client.
- Working with others means you don't want to let them down.
- Everyone brings something different - different skills can push your own ideas.


0 comments:

Post a Comment