Printing the book

Posted: Monday 9 May 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I have looked into options I have to print the book. I wanted to do it as a paper back cover perfect bound book in a square format similar to the year book I had been working on. I liked the way that style of book works and the space around the page. I quickly mocked up the full book in a weekend and now I am looking at options to print the book professionally.


I could have printed the book within college and bound it myself but I felt that my time should be spent on the designing and outsource the printing to save time. From the books I had seen from last years design context I felt that the printing from Lulu.com was of a fairly good standard for what it costs.

With that in mind I set up my artwork to print via lulu publishing and looked into the costs involved in printing my book.

The print cost below is based on a 44pp perfect bound book on standard 115gsm white stock. The cover is 270gsm laminated, which should bring out the depth in the black ink I laid on the front cover.

Each book comes out at £7.37 and the postage is around £4.99





I am glad I decided to print this via Lulu as it will provide experience of the service for when I print my design context book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment