Today's Crit

Today's crit went well. I felt confident with what I had achieved over the last few weeks, I knew I had problems and gaps within my work. Those problems will be addressed in due course, but it was obvious to everyone where I was coming from with my work.

Tim & Ross critted my work. Ross, as always, was very thorough in his analysis and I am awaiting feedback on my blog. The issues raised mainly were connected to cosmetic flaws where things needed tweaking.

As general comments went Tim & Ross felt I was doing well, updating my blog regularly, and having a clear direction throughout my work.

These are the questions I asked in the crit.

1. Pop up Shop - Can you suggest any ways to package my poster for the pop-up shop? I generally want something that will be cheap to produce as my profit in each poster is small anyway. I don't want to spend on poster tubes either.

Ross suggested a belly band which was an option I'd considered and Tim suggested the polythene tubes you get when you buy posters which is another option. Folding the posters is out of the question, so rolling them into tubes is the only way. A peelable sticker was also suggested.

Joe also pointed out a spelling error.. oops

2. Year Book - General comments and concerns about the Year book.. Myself, Dan and Luke appreciate the feedback.

The year book feedback was good. We need to seriously start sketching out more plans for the remaining pages even if it is just to fill in gaps, because I am sort of a lot of initial stage work, and that's my hastiness to get to a mac and start designing. Good comments none the less on the book.


3. Giant Killers - Are the half tone images working? Bear in mind this is only a b+w proof..

Ross suggested that some of the half tones were borderline, which I have to agree with. The first image is a little over stretched and the players have become unrecognisable. Its a shame but I'll have to source better images.

General comments about that book were helpful too. Ross suggested that the words per line on some pages were pushed too far, which I'd not noticed but it bugs me now, and he also felt some of the pages didnt tie in with the rest of the book.


4. Identities brief - Any general ideas on how I can expand on my range of deliverables would be appreciated..

For the fashion identities Tim suggested printing the logos on textiles, and also mocking up tags, labels and perhaps bags for the products which was a really nice idea. Ross added to think about websites perhaps. I have already done one that functions for Charlotte but I haven't thought about the rest.

5. Would you advise on putting a belly band around the chap books to stop them falling out of the book?

Ross said yes, and Tim said no.. I'm thinking that a band would just finish it off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment