Evaluation point

Posted: Wednesday 25 May 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I am nearing the end of the module, and I have a feeling that I have really worked hard and achieved a lot of things that I didn't expect at the start of the module. The module has changed my perspective on a lot of things like


- talking to printers and clients
- working within a team
- preparing artwork for print
- the need to check and re-check proofs
- take into account budgets
- how much client power can influence a project

In terms of deadlines and workload, I could not have done any more than I have done. However, I feel I could have focused on getting the best results possible by exploring stock and print finishes much more. I have done this on some briefs, and I have looked at format, but I feel my work could have benefitted from properly exploring embossing, spot varnishes, and foils. The results I have had from the finishes I have tried have been not up to my expectations or my satisfactions. I envisage attempting to put this right to certain degree this week and next where I can take time to consider my options, now the bulk of my work is out of the way.

Overall, I am happy with what I have achieved up to now but its at the expense of the quality of finish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment