Leeds Loves Creativity postcard

Posted: Thursday 5 May 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

Since my meeting with Chloe I have been mocking up some simple postcards. Because of where they are going to be distributed I felt a reserved design would be best. I certainly didn't want to use image or colour to create impact.


The design should run along similar lines to the Leeds Loves brand but make more of the 'Showcasing Emerging Talent' strapline, as this was the focal point. I mocked up a couple of designs I thought would work. There was a full A4 page of copy to fit on the reverse side so I made use of a three column grid to split up each degree show. The type is currently at 6pt. I then started to integrate my logo for Leeds Loves Creativity on the front with the tagline taking precedence. This was a quick job that I am not entirely happy with but the brief can't take up too much of my time, however, I still want to deliver a good job for the client.

During the time I mocked up the designs, I kept thinking about my experiences at The beautiful Meme, and I remember Ben telling me what the client would want and think about my designs. I tweak it a little but if I go too over the top the client would start to have reservations.



Chloe had some feedback for me on this. She felt that the client may think that this is too 'on brand' which is down to the colour, as this is the pantone used for the Leeds Loves Brand. Colour suggested a colour change as this should not be solely about the Leeds Loves brand. I will now do some colour variations to see how it works. She also said that a map would be worked into the design on the reverse, so I had to be aware of space issues. There is no way the type can go any lower as it could become a problem for the printers. At present it is too small anyway. I will suggest to Chloe to go up to A5 if the map is going on there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment