Rosario Florio Contact

Posted: Friday 6 May 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I was so impressed with the work, I decided to email Rosario direct in the hope he would answer questions for my design context book. Luckily he got back to me very quickly. Result!





Hi,

I'm a 3rd year Graphic Design student studying in the UK, Leeds, and I am undertaking a research project where I need to have interviews with industry professionals. I came about your work on September Industry, and your work interests me, as I like to work with typography too. Could I please send you some questions for you to answer for the project? Your answers will not ever be published in the public domain, I simply want to know more about you and your work.

Thanks for reading,

Adam



Rosario kindly emailed me back the next day.

Hi Adam

Thank you for your interest. I'm glad you like my work. Of course, just send me your questions. I hope I can answer the questions as soon as possible.

Best
Rosario


Rosario Florio
Greifenstrasse 10
9000 St.Gallen
Switzerland


My questions

Hi Rosario,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Please answer these questions as fully as you can.

Firstly, who and what are your influences within graphic design?

I love using typography within my work. You seem to be heavily influenced by typographic form too. How did you become interested in typography?

Do you work with a limited set of fonts or a large library?

Do you have favourite fonts that you use frequently, and what are your reasons for using them?

Obviously you use grids within your work, but what are the advantages and disadvantages to using grid systems?

What would be your biggest piece of advice for aspiring type users/typographers?

Thanks again for giving up your time, it is very much appreciated.

All the best,

Adam

0 comments:

Post a Comment