Things taking shape - Small Evaluation

I am finally making progress in all briefs. I have nearly finished four of the seven I have running and I am happy with my progress, but as ever time has been a massive burden. Working with real clients has been very problematic as meetings and client contact has been restricted due to the amount of time waiting for content and confirmations. I have found it very important to get client feedback and actually getting them to sign things off so I can move on without thinking about changing things later.

The clients I have had have been a mixed bag. Some I hear from week on week and others it can take up to two weeks so I write my action plans based on how reliable they are at meeting their deadlines. Obviously, the one day briefs I proposed for the identities have gone way over what I had imagined. This isn't such a bad thing because it means that it will count as a significant brief as I have spent the time working on everything from identities to basic stationery to websites. I have completed two of the four identity briefs and I am nearing completion of the third, and hope to have the fourth done before I return to college full time.

The curse of the Flatland brief has been lifted and is now complete with product shots and presentation boards pending. Its a brief that has taken too long, which I left and came back too in the hope I would decide on a way to resolve it. I'm not totally happy with it but I feel its time to wrap up the brief and move on. I proposed a few pieces to go with it in a promotional sense, which I could write another brief for or lump in what I have now which I feel could be the best way forward.

I still haven't tied down the giant killer brief which I am hoping too this week. I have moved in a new direction with it that will be driven by typography and layout. The content is still being developed but I hope to start that brief significantly alongside the latter stages of the year book and pop up shop posters.

The pop up shop is something I wanted to be involved with so put together a proposal, which looks promising so I think I will be create prints to sell at the shop as well as be involved with the design of the space, which is a problem as I hadn't imagined I would have been involved but I would like to help, so I am willing to give up time to make the shop attractive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment