Anna Swingland - Email reply/ brief questions

Posted: Friday 15 April 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

To get things moving and stop my life getting taken over by meetings, I decided to deal with Anna's identity via email. It seemed like the most logical and it meant I could get on with things quicker. How wrong I was. It took forever for Anna to come back to me, and at one point I thought this would never get done.

Hi Adam,

I am so sorry for the delay in response.

To answer your questions:

I spend my time focusing on traditional and handcrafted techniques in bookbinding. My primary work is book binding, and currently working on a 5 months project challenging the aesthetic of a book. (The two photos in earlier email, shows two books from this brief.) I also dapple in printmaking, paper making and a little metal work. V. fond of origami too, if that is helpful in any design ideas.
After uni I plan to participate in book fairs in the Uk and hopefully Europe, and have an apprenticeship in bookbinding by Jan 2012.

The branding should be professional, simple and straight to the point. I m very keen on quality of the material, so the budget is reasonable.

I really liked the Action Against Violence mail pack. Two or three colours would be best i think, for more impact.


This all seemed pretty straight forward. I got to work on this almost immediately. Because of the time this has taken to come through I can't afford too much time so all of the proofs should be finished in one day.

It's a tall order to get all this done and I am feeling the pressure but I am positive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment