Manual

Posted: Tuesday 5 April 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I think I blogged about Manual during the last year. I can't be sure but here it is again if I did. This particular piece of work is very relevant to the identities brief I am looking at now. With two identities done I believe it is time to refocus and start to bring in much more research at this point, otherwise I am going to come up with generic results when I try to design.

The identity I am looking at for the time being is for Nicole Coates, another fashion designer who works with industrial and mechanical objects as the inspiration for her clothing line. Nicole had ideas about what she wanted, but I wanted to portray her approach in more than just type and image choice, but look at ways to get the look she was after by selecting appropriate paper stock and processes.

The example shown here by Manual is a stationery set for photographer & director Sam Tootal. The format of the stationery is designed to suit the mark and the paper stock. It feels vintage and handcrafted. The stamp is a nice touch too, which is popular at the moment. The typewriter style font ties in well with the design of the emblem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment