Pop up Shop Poster budget and pricing

Posted: Wednesday 20 April 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

So after designing the posters my attentions turned towards actually pricing the posters accordingly to take into account the cost of materials, printing, the time I had put in and the commission that was going to be taken away.

Materials
Paper (50p per sheet) x 15 = £7.50
Printing (£1 per sheet) x 15 = £15
Ribbon or securing band (10p each) x 15 = £1.50
total = £24
Price per poster = £1.60

Time
£6 per hour
Number of hours: 10 - This is based on the amount of time I spent designing and how long it takes to print a batch of 15.
Total £60
10 hours divide 15 posters is 40 minutes.
1 poster is £4 in time.

In order to be in the pop up shop I had to pay a one off charge of £10 for security fees and I will also have to pay 20% on each poster I sell.

So the £10 charge is divided by 15 to get 67p which is added on to the price of each poster.

So to recap one poster would cost;
materials - £1.60
time - £4
security charge - 67p
so the total would be £6.27p

I must also add the commission on to the price of the poster to make sure I don't leave myself sort.

The 20% commission works at £1.24 on the current price so the RRP is £7.51 which I will round up to £8 to make my selling price.

So each poster will be sold for £8 each and I will be selling the set of three at a discounted price of £21. I know I can break even quicker selling the full set of three so I decided to take the hit on the full set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment