Jennifer Sargeant - identity

Posted: Friday 11 February 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

As part of my identities brief, I have now got the go ahead to start work on the identities for a selection for 3rd year students. I started by noting down initial starting points based on our discussion during our first meeting. She gave me an idea of what she does, and the type of products she produces. I then asked relevant questions into audiences she wanted to reach and the how she wanted herself to be portrayed.

Expense, elegance, and vintage were some of the words used to describe her brand.


Jennifer also wants to target two different audiences. The first audience she wants to reach is the 30+ market for women who spend a lot of money on fashion, and one off garments. This audience is being targeted for her current range. The second will be more towards a younger audience but with similar aspirations.

The decision to hit two markets could be hard to represent so the similarities between the two audiences would have to be selected when choosing appropriate type choices and colour palettes.

Here I have started to look at type choices which may suit the brand. I will look to narrow my search down to a handful that I feel are workable, then I can think about type specific attributes.

The fonts that jump out at me are ITC New Baskerville, Georgia, and Calisto MT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment