Giant Killers - Brainstorm

Posted: Thursday 10 February 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I officially started on the Giant Killers brief today. I intend to run this as one of my more substantial briefs which will drive the design context research I need to undertake. Today I have noted down different elements I want to include into what is fast becoming a pack dedicated to the memory of the FA Cup clash between Manchester United & Leeds United on January 5th 2010.

Elements to be included

Pre match build up
- Fans views - taken from communities connected with the clubs (focus on Man Utd fans arrogance) (Leeds prays, and realistic projections)
- The story so far (histories, rivalry, and Leeds downfall in particular)

The game itself
- Team sheet - (transfer values, international honours, previous club)
- Break down of specific moments in the game -(goals, bookings, subs- Man Utd bring on the big guns) subbuteo?
- Type based commentary - for full game
- Half time team talk - what the managers said?
- Fergie time (the significance of fergie time)
- Play by play - goal.com

The aftermath
- newspaper columns, links to the goal, DVD graphics



A modern example of a team sheet, not much different to the vintage team sheets I looked at in the match programmes in terms of layout but the fonts have moved on, as have the finish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment