Flatland

Posted: Wednesday 16 February 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

Today I made a return to the first brief I started a while ago, to get things kickstarted this module. It's becoming a hindrance that I just want to finish now, so I have mocked up artwork for the box that the chapters will sit in, and I've also made a postcard come front cover to sit on top of the chapters. I'm trying to challenge the preconceptions of a book and my foldout prints do that by allowing the reader to interact with the content in a different way but using the same print technology.


The concept still surrounds the beauty of typography that is missed in books, as the content takes a precedent. Joe has advised me to look more at what the book is about and tie the concept in to make a well rounded piece. After reading parts of it and watching youtube videos he recommended I feel that the way chapbooks fold do relate to the book by skipping between 2 and 3 dimensional states, which ties in with the book as it's about a flatlander who is introduced to a 3 dimensional world.


The cover which was inspired by optical illusion and maths grid paper once again ties in with seeing 2d objects 3 dimensionally. I feel the concept and ideas are strong enough to move on, and produce the thing. This has taken way too long, much longer than it should have done for what I have got out of it.

Presentation Box
Inside/Outside Front/Outside Back















































0 comments:

Post a Comment