Tutorial with Fred

Posted: Saturday 29 January 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I had a tutorial with Fred on friday, and all went as well as it could have. We went through my statement of intent picking out reference points which could inform my design context. Football, and info graphics seem to be the key to a good starting point. This would then open out to include new lines of research into how info graphics could be presented and then perhaps the production involved in experimenting with finishes and such. I have recently been looking at the format of a book and paper folding, which I know nothing about in truth. However, this could be a big opportunity to learn more about the subject, not just to inform one brief, but that could filter into others.

Fred commented that I was production focused and always my work always had a professional aesthetic as though it could be out there if I thought about the context a little more. This is something I really want to hit on in this module, and make sure my approach consists of more than sticking a logo on an iphone, a mug or a banner.

We discussed the briefs I had going at the minute, and he was happy with what briefs I had chosen but urged me to start on the Giant Killers brief as this brief was mine and I could do what I wanted with it. The other briefs should then run along side this.

Notes from the tutorial
- Challenge what profession expects
- Take risks to shape outcome
- Paper folding (Leeds History and recent downfall) Contextual research?
- Beauty of diagrams
- Start to develop contextual evidence
- Publication should map my practice (This book sums up my practice and interests)

0 comments:

Post a Comment