ISTD - Flatland initial ideas

Posted: Monday 17 January 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

These are my initial ideas for the Flatland brief. I don't want to spend too long on this as I don't see it as a large brief at the moment. I thought about bringing the book up to speed with new technology that is being used. Other ideas are to challenge the perception of a book.

















































In this idea, the chapters are split into prints which are folded to form a book. Its very simple but I like the way it could work. The idea behind is to bring attention to the typography, something that books and formal writing don't usually do. So as the pages are folded out, the type size will increase. I intend to mock up a few of them today ready to show at the progress surgery.


























0 comments:

Post a Comment