Group Tutorial w/ Lorenzo

Posted: Thursday 20 January 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

First tutorial of the module kicked off with a discussion with Lorenzo about the clarity of what we wanted to deliver during the module, and how the statement of intent and the briefs we select should correspond to make a water tight submission with an informed approach.


I immediately had to rethink my whole approach because I am unsure about my umbrella statement. I want it to tie in with my practice and not restrict me to working on briefs I will get bored of or restrict me from doing briefs I want to do in the future.

I still want to focus on design for print with high quality graphics and high end print where appropriate.

I also need to stop abiding so much to the original brief. Competition briefs are open to allow me to twist the outcome to what I consider my strengths or practice. I also need to start to write briefs that are linked to the subjects and themes outlaid in my statement of intent. I also need to think about whether the competition brief is a winnable submission or a portfolio piece.

Create 'stories' for the themes/subjects and produce graphic responses to them.

I need to keep in mind the product/range/distribution set up which will demonstrate not only my understanding but also show what I want in context.

I am clearer on what I want to do, and I need to just get on with it now.

I intend to finish the flatland brief sooner, rather than later and look for closure or to expand on what I end up with.



0 comments:

Post a Comment