Chat with Joe

Posted: Thursday 27 January 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

Another good chat with Joe about my Flatland brief. I have got towards the end of the brief now, and showed him my ideas for the folding chap books, and he really liked it, but there is still some uncertainty of how it relates back to the book.


I explained I wanted to put emphasis onto the typography and target the people from ISTD in working with how the typography sits on the page and how it looks, rather than directly representing the book through its content. I haven't read the book but I picked up its themes and linked them to the concept for the front covers. By using the graph paper and the 2d and 3d objects I felt that this portrayed the concept well, but Joe and I both feel it is lacking something to make it stand out.

Joe told me to check out this video which is in two parts, and explains dimensions which goes with the theme of the book. If I can just explain the concept and how the folding of the book links to the content of the book, I'll have done the job.



The videos start to become harder to follow, but folding could be a way that I explain the jump from dimension to dimension.

0 comments:

Post a Comment